Saturday, May 14, 2011

More LOAD Layouts

I have had a busy month so far & it promises to get busier still.  Ryan's last day of school is the 23rd (Whose idea was it to make the last day of school a Monday?) But here are the pages I promised to share:

Day 6 This started as a companion page for day 5-but I wanted to use all the pics.  (Can you tell the title is "Smoke" from the smokestack on the train?) The prompt was about alignment.




Day 7 (was also National Scrapbooking Day cool right!) I used some of the prompts from BPC's Creative Crop to make this page. As well as scraplifting the idea (but not the design) from one of the other LOADers.  Scraplifting was the prompt.


Day8 (Beginning of Color Week) prompt was to use Color to enhance the page's topic



I got to use up an old ScrapJammies kit from 2006 (not quite the waythey designed it though close), and used the Red & bright patterns to show the effervescent personality of my kiddo.

Day 9 she showed us a really neat ColorScope from Paper Source, & told us to pick a color we were drawn to & make a page. This color is called Papaya, and don't the peacocks pop off the page?




These pics were from Ryan's field trip to the zoo.  I asked him to write what he wanted to remember about the peacocks, and he made the cute doodle & wrote peacock (in his adorable 2nd grade spelling) over & over.  It really added to the page.  I also used a sketch from Lisa Day's 28 Days of sketches class at BPC.

Day 10 was to use a color combination from nature.  I used the colors from the peacock pictures I used the day before.

Don't you just love these butterflies!  They are from a set called Natural Beauties by Lil Ellaboudy Designs at mygrafico

I used a sketch from the CropStop Challenge Blog.  As well as the LYM challenge for this week. Which was to scrap the "gadgets" you use in everyday life. So this page about my Computer & PSE.

Day 11was Black & White:

I completely love this page!  I already had the B&W pic with the feet in color, & just hadn't figured out how to use it yet.  This was the perfect challenge.  And don't you just love baby feet?

Day 12 Pick a color you DON'T normally use on a page & combine it with a favorite:


I don't use green much except as a small accent, and though I Love pink, I don't use it that much either, so I had fun with this one. I also used the ScrapHappy sketch for May, adapted of course.

Day 13 I didn't really follow the prompt instead used another of Lisa's sketches:

A very busy page, showing the highlights from the zoo trip.  I wanted the focus to be on the story rather than any particular picture. And Ryan colored the snake because it was his favorite  out of all the animals we looked at.



I haven't done today's page yet.  Stay tuned for some more next week.





No comments:

Post a Comment