Tuesday, May 8, 2012

More LOAD Layouts

Can you believe I am actually posting a second set of  LOAD layouts before the second week is even over?  I almost can't, but as my DS used to say "I Yam!"  As my mom said on the phone earlier today "It's been a crazy week, crazy month, crazy year crazy LIFE"  Besides LOAD I am working hard on my assignments for the Clear It Out challenge blog next week, the June/July issue of Ready Set Create and working on some new pinwheel embellies for my etsy shop so (not to mention volunteering at School, & last month of school/ teacher appreciation gifts) Stuff happens & blogger waits...but LOAD & Life don't so here are some pages for you:

Day 4- Five Sense Friday- Our prompt was about sound & hearing. 

While technically it was not about My hearing but Hubby's & Newborn baby Ryan's this seemed to qualify.  The red journaling card behind the picture reads:  I've always known that I snore, my sister made sure of that.  But Brad never mentioned it for 5 years.  So when he woke me up one night, soon after coming home from the hospital I was perplexed & a bit perturbed, (after all Sleep was very precious!) so I said "You've never mentioned it before, did this just start?"  He replied "No you've always snored, but I was afraid you would wake the baby." 


(Did I have a wonderful sweet husband or what!)





Day 5- Random Acts of Scrapping Saturdays: eBay Inspiration! (Search ebay for your name & be inspired by something)

I was not inspired by the many Hurricane related items on ebay.  However, thanks to my study of the Nepali language I recently learned that there is a Bollywood star named Katrina, so I just added the word Bollywood after my name & searched again.  She really is beautiful!  I was immediately inspired by a poster of her with purple flowers just floating all around.  Now I should probably mention (In case you're thinking, like me that this layout isn't particularly well designed) that I was at/preparing for a large formal party all day & got home just in time to barely make the deadline (The deadline is 1am for me)...but I got the page done & uploaded ON Time!  As we keep telling one another in the LOAD discussion board "Done is Better than Perfect!" I even a picture I took that day.  Now don't those girls look sweet!


Day 6:  Sketchy Sunday!  We were given this sketch:
But were told we had to adapt it in some way, not to just use it as is (Which if you know me, you know I almost never use a sketch exactly as it is but that's okay!) I turned the sketch on it's side and flipped it.
  I decided to do the facing page for the LO from the previous day (So many pics of these adorable girls how could I help it?)

















So here are the two days pages together:

 

Day 7: Manic Monday: 30-Minute Day


 I did all of this layout including choosing pictures, paper & embellishments in 30 minutes, except the journaling took a bit longer:  There's a little tag behind me with the continuation of the journaling that talks about how I wanted Ryan to love the Little Mermaid as much as I did (But duh he's a boy and was a toddler (That sea witch IS quite scary) whereas I had been a teenager when it came out), But I had to content myself with the fact that he did love the sequel & was quite excited to meet Ariel when we got to Disneyland.
That brings us to today:

Day 8: Tough Topic Tuesday – Someone Else’s Story

And once again I was so inspired by Tough Topic Tuesday, that I made not one but 2 layouts. (Not to mention that my legs hurt so bad from Body Pump this morning that I could barely walk, so sat at the computer for a few hours, but did I do Creative Team stuff?-No! LOAD wins again :))



Besides being my Grandmother's Depression era story, It was also tough to tell because she passed away in 2002.   It's the story of how she found a dime, when there was no money in the house & her mother let her choose what kind of food to buy with it.  What a different world we live in today!  








These peaceful looking pictures made me wonder what was going on in the mind of my usually non-stop Go-go-go son:
 That's it for this edition of LOAD tributes.  Check back next week for a new Clear It Out Challenge (I'll give you a hint, it has to do with using up one of the supplies I completely love & hoard!).  & more LOAD layouts coming soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment