Sunday, May 13, 2012

More LOAD Layouts including this months' Take 12

Here it is the 13th of May already!  As my son was quick to point out, there are only 7 days of school left.  Where has the time gone?  Since it is the 13th, I will start off with this month's take 12 & here it is:
As you may have guessed it is also my LOAD layout for today.  And today is:

Day 13-Sketchy Sunday

& here is the sketch:

Again we had to adapt it or change it up in some way.  












So Here is my page:


 I am just loving the pictures I take on the 12th & think the book I print at the end of the year will be such a great way to remember our life as it is.  As always, I took WAY more than 12 pictures, in fact I took 102.  So here are a couple that just barely missed the cut:

My Front Porch.  I just love pansies!
A bit of the back yard.   Flowers are everywhere & they aren't all dandelions!


























Ryan is tired from playing outside most of the day, & wet from the sprinkler, so he's reading a Baby Blues Comic collection









Spent a couple hours this week doing this arrangement for the TV room wall.  This container used to grow a philodendron, but my brown thumb got another one...



Now back to LOAD:


Day 9: Wicked Wednesday – 6+ Photos
As you can see I used way more than 6 photos.   If you count, there are 18!!! I got all the highlights of the event on just one page and love the result.



Day 10: Who's have Thunk it Thursday-Lift a cereal box
My choice of Cereal inspiration


Who would have ever thought that the inspiration for this page was a cereal box?  Not even me & I did it LOL! 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Day 11: Five-Sense Friday – Touch

Now a little funny for you. The prompt wasn't working when I went to bed (It was fixed when I got up though so no biggie :)) Knowing it was  Five-Sense Friday & that there were only 4 senses left I guessed that it would be Touch. Someone on the message board said I must be a good guesser :) How did I get it? Well since we'd lifted cereal the day before I had a feeling taste was not going to be it, & smell goes along with taste a lot.  Sight is too easy since it's not out of the box at all so Touch seemed to make sense.  Maybe a little of the Sherlock Holmes I've been reading is rubbing off?

Anywho here is my page:

This is also my first layout for Nic & May's Double Take class at BPC.  It's about the place where I sit (when I get to sit) when my son is home & since my legs have been sore from a workout on Tuesday, I haven't been climbing up & downstairs to my scrap room in the basement, so this week, I've been sitting here even more.  Not the neatest area (Esp during LOAD)  but a place where we love to be:). (Much of this is on the pullout journaling card).

Day 12: Random Acts of Scrapping Saturday – Something from Your Trash

 If you look closely at the take 12 page you'll see the layout already but here it is:


 This is my pre-class layout for Nic Howard's Dimensional Details class at BPC, I am so looking forward to this class!! & Yes I did use trash!  Here's a closeup of the cluster:

Can you count all 5 different pieces of trash?  


I'll give you a hint one of them is not trash in the picture above it...




Okay I'll tell you:  1. Wrapper from a Lindor Truffle 2. Wrapper from a KIND bar 3. Cardboard
4. Leftover Eyelash yarn, too short to crochet with 5. the lid from a Ball jar. 

So that brings us to today & we already did that one :)  More from me soon, including a new challenge at Clear It Out!

2 comments:

  1. Are those THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE SHEETS????????? Wesley absolutely LOVES Thomas! He has those same sheets....unfortunately we've only been able to find them in twin size and his bed is a full (one of the cribs that converted to a full size bed). If your son Ryan loves Thomas also, that would be a thing in common that we could use to 'hook them up" with online!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually those sheets are "Cars". We did go through a fairly long Thomas phase, but it was over a couple of years ago. He's even pretty much through with Cars, I just haven't bought new sheets. My 2yo nephew is beginning his Thomas fascination though. It's so much fun to see him pull out Ryan's old "Choo choos".

      Delete