Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Time for another Clear It Out Challenge!

It is that time again!  The second Clear It Out challenge for September starts today.
This card is destined to accompany a friend's crocheted baby afghan, for a brand new little manny.


The challenge is:
Theme: a project with a child image on it.
Stash: anything you want!  (let us know what it is)
Our fantastic sponsor is:
Meljens designs
MelJens' is offering 4 digital images to one lucky winner!

 I am in the process of relocating my scrappin' studio from my basement into what was formerly my dining room, and in the process I am discovering that I have a whole lot of stuff to CLEAR OUT!  So every single thing I used (Aside from Meljen's adorable image called appropriately , Baby Shower (You can pick it up Here) & my copic markers, of course) is old stash.  The wonderful glitter card base is from a box by Die Cuts With A View that is at least 4 years old.  T The Ribbons were scraps that have been in the bottom of my jars, possibly even longer than that!  The little acetate quote is also from DCWV, and might be slightly more recent than the rest of the stash items here, even the Tumbled Glass Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad says copyright 2004 (that doesn't mean I've had it that long, mind you). The oldest item I used is the beaded wire word "boy"...let's just say I used the rest of the set on a family page, that is in my son's baby book,   around 2003 or 2004. That would make it one of my earlier pages (Not counting high school, I was scrapbooking then, but not quite the same) it was even before I started using the 12x12 format! 
 Want to see it?  

I am pretty sure that I did not buy these beaded words for this page, so I may have had them since 2001.    
What have you had in your stash for a while?  Make your project using a baby or child image and one of your older stash items and don't forget to share it with us at the Clear It Out Challenge Blog for a chance at the prize!


And by the way, We are currently looking for sponsors to fill up out 2013 calendar! Digis, or tangible items welcome. Check the challenge blog for details.

1 comment:

  1. Love it when you can use up so many stash items on one project! Your baby card is adorable!
    ~sandy (Clear It Out DT)
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete